Thursday, September 22, 2011

Only 3 weeks??

I can't believe it has ONLY been three weeks. It honestly seems like I haven't been shopping in months. It is getting really difficult now that the new fall clothes are coming out and I'm seeing new boots and I just have to pass them by... (ok, maybe I am being a bit dramatic about this, but you clothes lovers try going without shopping and you'll understand!)


I can't complain though because God has been so good to me and I truly do find joy in helping others. The highlight of my week though: helping a girl who needs a homecoming dress pick one out! It was the next best thing to buying it myself! (Actually, I think it topped buying it for myself!)

I am telling you, this girl is going to look stunning! If I could find a picture of the shoes, you would love them even more! But this really just puts things into perspective for someone like me. If I was buying this for myself, there is no doubt that I would be happy and that I would love it, but it would be just another dress to me. A dress that hangs in the closet with all the other dresses. It would be special and exciting until I bought the next dress. I would not have the appreciation for something as simple as a homecoming dress as the girl who gets so excited about envisioning herself in this rarity. It does my soul good to think about how I've been blessed and I hope that pours out to others.


If you don't already know this, take my word for it, it definitely feels better to give than to receive.


Much love your way,


Kara




1 comment:

  1. Im so proud that you have not been shopping! I know what a struggle this is for you,but I also know that you can totally do this!
    Since your not buying clothes, we should head to lunch soon! :) <3
    Mallory

    ReplyDelete